All the ways we…create - inclusion and exclusion d..
All the ways we…create - inclusion and exclusion dynamics!
Start date: Mar 30, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
A team of 31 social workers, youth workers, trainers, facilitators of learning, leaders, teachers, coordinators of volunteering projects or mentors, from Rep. Moldova, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Spain, Slovenia, Romania, Malta, Hungary and Italy was been involved in the training course of this project from the 17th till the 23rd of June 2015 in Lecce, Italy. All the participants dealt directly with the topics of the project and with the delicate issues related with “personal learning process”, group dynamics, inclusion/exclusion dynamics, how to facilitate personal and group processes.
The aim of the project was to reduce discrimination and exclusion experienced by people defined/labeled in many ways in learning settings. Following ‘The objectives of the strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (ET 2020)’ the project aimed also at promoting equity, social cohesion and active citizenship (Strategic objective 3).”
Objectives of “All the ways we…create” were:
• To enhance personal and professional skills-development of youth workers
• To develop and improve emotional intelligence, reflexive and meta-cognitive skills of participants who, through their work, can contribute to the reinforcement of anti-discriminative thinking, tolerance and empathy in their communities
• To empower individuals to gain equality and respect (of their rights)
• To promote a greater understanding of acceptance of and support for the personal learning process
• To promote gender equality and combating all forms of discrimination, respecting the rights and observing the principles recognized inter alia in Articles 21 and 23 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union“
• To communicate the above effectively with all key communities of educators, trainers, stakeholders, etc.
The training course was based on a non-formal-education structure and experiential-learning approach, with the aim of creating the best learning/working environment where participants could interact on the contents and share the personal-process-experience.
The training was designed to have an impact on participants ensuring them the improvement of their knowledge, their personal and professional skills and the competences to reduce discrimination and exclusion in their own learning events, activities, their communities, by implementing positive actions and designing a meaningful learning process for people they work with.