All about RIGHTS
Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: Apr 30, 2016
Human rights are fundamental for our lives but are very often overseen or taken for granted, at least in European countries. Yet, there are still many issues that need to be addressed. We believe that human rights education is very important and it is the civil society that plays significant role in it. Youth organizations have a great chance for an interesting topic for empowering projects but very often they are afraid of a too “heavy” and difficult topic and they rather choose the “easy” and “cool” topics. ACSSM has tackled the human rights topic in several projects mainly focused on the global problems, which were of course taken much broader. Finally now, we feel that we are ready to succeed with a plan we were long preparing for, to organize international youth exchange with the topic of human rights.
Objectives of our project are several:
• to bring together young people from different countries
• to strengthen the role of young people in identifying and speaking up against human rights violations, including discrimination, hate speech and those human rights violations affecting especially young people and children;
• to enable young people to discover the human rights issue through interesting and participatory workshops
• to empower young people to promote, in their daily lives, cultural diversity as well as intercultural dialogue and co-operation;
• to promote respect, understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity, particularly towards different national, ethnic, religious, linguistic and other minorities and communities
• to empower people towards more active citizenship
• to promote democracy, development, social justice, communal harmony, solidarity and friendship among people and nations.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation