Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The ALCARIA + Project is for Alcaria school, the opportunity to provide 20 young people of this educational institution a complement to their studies through practical training in a European company for 3 months with the aim of improving their chances of employment.
Our centre is located in La Puebla del Río a municipality in the province of Seville with a population of 12,190 inhabitants. The municipality is located close to the Doñana National Park. La Puebla del Río offers its residents a wide range of gastronomic, cultural and artistic offerings in a unique natural environment. Finally, we mention that the city is a land of great pastures and crops, especially emphasising the cultivation of rice and breeding of horses, cows and bulls.
However, La Puebla del Río has an alarming unemployment rate of 47.78%. For this reason itis necessary to apply measures to control and stop this situation. In this sense, the school aims to contribute, as far as possible, to the recovery of the town providing better training for the young people.
With these international stays, it is intended to supplement the training that these young people have acquired during their studies, and offer them the opportunity to improve a second language and acquire international experience. With this, the most immediate results will increase the employability of participants, facilitating their employment, while the European objectives are addressed in this regard.
ALCARIA + is addressed to 20 participants enrolled in Alcaria school, completing a Technical Certificate Cycle in the Administrative Management sector. The training placements will be for three months and will take place in 2 flows (January-March 2016 / September-December 2016). The countries that will host future participants will be Portugal and Italy. The school has estimated that international training is not part of the FCT (Training in the workplace) but is an improvement training for students interested. The reason for this decision is based on the fact that capitalisation of international training will be greater having previously done internships in local companies.
Participants going to Italy will receive language training before their departure through the online course that Erasmus + Program will make available. Participants who choose Portugal as a destination will attend a week-long Portuguese course in Lisbon that will run concurrently with the workplacement. Before departure, young people receive a socio-professional training organised by the team of the Consortium. They will also receive a course of Career Guidance given by a teacher specialising in this matter.
ALCARIA + aims to contribute to increasing employability and competitiveness of students in addition to pursuing the following results:
- Providing a quality academic education and training.
- Accelerate the transition from education to the labour market for young people.
- Encouraging linguistic competencewith the aim of achieving bilingualism.
- Facilitating the acquisition of professional experience at international levels.
- Increase knowledge and innovative entrepreneurship in the participants.
- Promote the practice and improvement of a second language and obtain technical vocabulary of the professional sector of the participant.
- Foster synergies between education and labour and, more specifically, between the school and business, fostering understanding between the needs of one and the real demands of another.
- Develop skills and knowledge to improve their skills and abilities in any work, project or situation.
- Implement the concept of European citizenship and awareness of the importance of international mobility to create young people who are free and respectful of other cultures or societies.
- Encourage family-based involvement, favouring the Coexistence Centre Plan.
The expected impact of this project is related to:
- Improve the vocational and language training of the participants.
- Incorporation of the work system in another European country.
- Strengthen the relationship between the centreand businesses in the area.
- Flow of the economy.
The expected long-term benefits are:
- The school will establish relations with people from other countries to launch other projects and expand its relations with other countries’ entities.
- The mobility of teachers will be encouraged.
- Improving the quality of profiles among local youth.
- New approaches to work by the school and local companies that have applied the knowledge brought by the young.
- Extension of labour borders.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation