About the project
Project ?Active youth - clean environment? focused on environmental education of Wroclaw?s inhabitants (mainly young people, children and other interested members of the local community).
The projects objectives were to promote:
- the European Union?s objectives (high level of environmental protection, etc.);
- the active citizenship and social inclusion of young people;
- the children?s rights to have their views taken into consideration on matters which concern them;
- the revitalization of Wroclaw,
- the objectives of the host organization,
- mobility and personal development of volunteers.
The number and profile of participants
The project was planned and implemented by non-governmental organizations ?Foundation for Sustainable Development? (Wroclaw, Poland) and ?Green Cross Society? (Lvov, Ukraine). Participants of the project were two volunteers from Ukraine.
Description of activities:
- organization of the environmental clubs for children and youngsters;
- organization of the workshops for students concerning environmental protection;
- preparation of articles regarding the legal basis of the environmental protection for the web page dip.natura2000.pl;
- assistance in the consultation for citizens on environmental protection;
- assistance to the host organization
Results and impacts of the project and the potential long-term benefits:
- the level of understanding of the legal issues in the environmental protection by Wroclaw citizens was increased;
- increasing active citizenship (including participation in environmental decision-making) and social inclusion of young people;
- personal development of the volunteers;
In a long term ? promotion of the participatory democracy participation and environmental protection among young people in the Partner Country, Ukraine;
- dissemination of the methodology of environmental clubs? conducting in Ukraine.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation