Adult Education in NGOs
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
This project would be a step further for us in the field of adult education. Based on our existing potential, it would help us tackle the following needs:
1) We have a skilled core team in Together Luxembourg but it needs to be enlarged to be able to implement our planned projects and activities in the adult education field. We would need to train our staff more in the field of project management and general NGO management. If we develop their competences in this field, they will be able to co-ordinate projects at a higher level of quality and reach more adult learners.
2) We have also several volunteers who have good background in the field of education. However, they would need more specific preparation to become international trainers and facilitators for adult learners. They would need to get more introduction to non-formal education, particularly in the context of work with adult learners. This would enable us to have a larger pool of trainers for our activities.
3) We would need further training on how to work with adult learners on specific priority topics for our organisation. These are topics such as active citizenship, media education and global challenges. Our staff has some background in this field. However, participating in a structured training about these topics would help our team members to deal better with these topics. We also need ideas for concrete methodologies that we can use in work with adults.
4) We need to motivate the volunteers and staff of our organisation. We believe that providing them with training and development opportunities would increase their commitment to our organisation.
5) We need to broaden our network of international partners, develop new co-operation and partnership. We need to give more opportunities to the volunteers to network with representatives of our partner organisations and other adult education organisations from other countries. This will lead to better exchange of experience and our staff will be able to work on international projects with them.
6) The project will help us define more closely our strategy in the field of adult education and focus on the most important steps. It will also bring us more visibility in the field.
There are four 6 days-long trainings are planned within the period of 24 months that will help to improve the competences of adult learners and help to achieve the above-mentioned goals.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation