Active Living Room for Active Community
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Nov 30, 2016
The project "Active Living Room for Active Community" is created to be generator of creative ideas and social change. In this context intensity of produced programmes with active participation of waste number of stakeholders creates platform for building active community as basis for democratic and sustainable development. Main activities taking place in Social center Rojc in Pula, specifically in a common space called "Living Room". As a meeting point of people as well ideas, our programme incite open-minded dialogue and cooperation in field of art, creative industries, social innovations, social entrepreneurship and participatory governance, accompanied with European partnerships. All this is spectrum of our activities we are undertaking in purpose to create new opportunities for better life, learning and work , especially for young people. Mobility opportunities of EU gives additional possibilities for learning and intercultural exchange what gives added values.
The project is linked to the objectives of the Erasmus+ programme:
- improve the level of key competences and skills, with particular regard to their relevance for the labour market and their contribution to a cohesive society. It is also in line with Eurpe 2020 strategy. The project gives to participant possibilities to improve his skills and competences .That way he enhance his employability and improve his career prospects. During the project volunteer will learn about community management, social inovations, especially in the field of culture, social entrepreneurship and participatory governance of social centers.
- improve the teaching and learning of languages and promote the EU's broad linguistic diversity and intercultural awareness.
- gives non-formal and informal learning opportunities in the youth field.
Main methodology that will be used in implementation of the project is community building and community management based on participation: ABCD (Asset Based Community Developement, participatory governance, involvement of participants in programme creation, decisions and evaluation).
- daily interaction with visitors of the space,
- info point service
- organising different cultural events
- organising different educational events: workshops, lectures, seminars, conferences
- organising community meetings and debates
- presentation and promotion different projects and programmes of Rojc Alliance and other organisations from Social Center Rojc
- presentation and promotion of important local initiatives and social issues which are in focus of civil society activism
- presentation of good practice we can learn from, researches and similar
- work on rojcnet.org portal and Rojc newslwter Veznik, both important for visibility and community building.
Activities will take place from 1. 6. 2015. to 1.12.2016.
EVS volunteer will be involved in the project for 12 months, from 8.6.2015. to 4.6.2016.
The target groups of our activities:
- youths in local community and other young people relating to our programme (audience, participants)
- artists and other users of Living Room for their programmes
- audience and participants in the Living Room programmes
- civil society organisations in Social center Rojc as well as other NGO in the town
- citizens which participate in community building
- local authorities, cultural and educational institutions
- partners of the organisaion (TEH network, Erasmus+ partners and others)
Since a large number of young people after completing their education, don't have an opportunity to work in the profession and developing in professional sense, we want through our project to provide an opportunity for young people to develop their own creativity, critical thinking and training in the professions of the future - working in the civil sector, social entrepreneurship, community management, promotion and preparation of cultural events such as concerts, lectures, workshops, exhibitions and festivals.
The project as well will have impact to participating organisation in their capacity building and rasing competence in EU projects and partnnering.
The project will give impact to citizen participation in creation of cultural and social events, initiatives and public dissccusions. The project has intercultural and international dimension by hosting international artist, experts, volunteers, cooperetion with european partners, participatin in Transeurope Halles Network. It promotes European values and reflects a common concern for European society guding by human rights and high humanistic standards which exclude any kind of discrimination .
The project opens perspectives through mobility and learning possibilities, as well as through new gained knowledge realized trough international cooperation. It also creates possibilities for new collaborations and new projects what actually multiplies impact of initial project. This kind of development is actually purpose of this activity.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation