ACTING UP FOR YOUTH EMPLOYMENT IN EUROPE
Start date: Jul 1, 2014,
End date: Dec 31, 2014
The training project " Acting Up for Youth Employment in Europe!" aims to promote awareness among young people on the value and importance of non-formal education, intercultural learning useful for their inclusion, alternative teaching methods in the development of key skills in empolyment situation and the role they play in this valorisation. The purpose of this training is to "boost" their confidence through the transfer of tools, methods and know-how so that they feel more ability to take their destiny in hand and to consider the future of more optimistic , despite a rather unfavorable economic environment. Its objectives are to :
- Develop participants' knowledge and understanding of the mechanisms of the labor market at national, European and global levels;
- To compare the similarities and differences between the situations of the countries represented ;
- To sensitize participants on the need to fight against discrimination in the field of employment (in particular, discrimination based on gender or ethnicity criteria and / or religious ) ;
- Promoting intercultural learning and non-formal education as real added value to the employability of young people;
- To enable participants to acquire a methodology and tools to facilitate their access to employment and financial independence is essential to their personal and social development ;
- Provide a framework for intercultural exchange and mutual reflection on the issue of youth employment;
- To encourage intercultural creativity and exploration and producing collective process to strengthen youth their confidence and ability to act ( "empowerment" ) ;
- To share tools and best practices to promote youth employment and taking initiatives.
The training will take place from 14 to 21 September 2014 in Issoire , Auvergne local office of the delegation of Jeunesse et Reconstruction, and will gather 25 participants from 9 different nationalities .
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation