Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
ACOREUROPA is the institutional project of the town council of A Coruña which coordinates a local integrated Consortium through the provincial council office, 12 Public Training Centres and the city’s two associations of young business owners.
> This project has two strategic objectives:
1. To create training opportunities in European countries which take-up the offer of professional technical training, delivered in the town council.
2. To complete and amplify with practical training of a longer duration in a European business, the professional competence and the work experience which the recently qualified specialists in Professional Technical Training receive in their originating centres, in order to provide them with the necessary skills which will make it possible for them to make the transition from the field of education and training to the job market.
> A Coruña is a city in the Northwest of Spain with 246,146 inhabitants. It has more than 11 million square metros of industrial space where you can find sectors such as textile, construction, food, transport, new technologies, the sale and repair of vehicles, the financial sector, legal, insurance and business and renting services, which are their most important economic activities.
> Consequently, this project seeks to respond to the demand for highly-qualified professionals in these professional sectors and in other emerging sectors. As such, it is aimed at students with an average age of 18 years, recently qualified in Professional Technical Training, which lack a transnational dimension in their work experience and they need a highly qualified professional ability, a level B2 in a foreign language for special purposes in their profession and a mentality and entrepreneurial culture in order to find and produce their own work.
> Consequently they offer 50 mobility placements, to carry out long-duration practical work experience from October 2014 to June 2015, in businesses from five European countries: United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Austria and Italy.
> Those recently qualified in Technical work will receive, before their departure, 100 hours linguistic training and cultural training in the language of the destination country. This preparation will be completed along with 20 hours of specific socio-professional training which is adapted to the professional sector of the destination country.
>The reference of this institutional project is the strategic European framework “Education and Training 2020” and the results which they wish to achieve are the following:
1. To consolidate the institutional focus towards quality in the training of students in Professional Technical Training of the town based on the creation of opportunities for the acquisition of a high professional ability and a significant command of a second European language.
2. To increase the employability of these students, as well as establishing stronger links between the world of work, complementing formal education with the not formal and the informal.
3. To update and innovate the teaching of Professional Training in the town, to the power available to the centres to provide direct experience of the key competencies which they demand in Europe in the different professional areas.
4. To incorporate in the CV the important number of students taking Professional Training, the transnational components and the international recognition of their professional ability, by way of European certificates (EUROPASS/ ECVET) as well as the command of a foreign language according to the Common European Framework of Qualifications.
5. To consolidate the inter-sector cooperation as an effective work tool for establishing a stable and continued link between the world of education, training and the world of work and the consistent joint application of the different synergies.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation