Acil Tıp Teknisyenliği Uygulamaları
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
Project Description / Background:
In Turkey the development of emergency medicine began with the work of Izmir Dokuz Eylul University (DEU) in 1990. In 2000, "Emergency Medical Services Regulations" that determine the principles and procedures of emergency medical services has been published in order to ensure accessible, quality, rapid and efficient execution the equivalent of the emergency medical services throughout the country. For the first time, Ambulance and Emergency Care Technician and Emergency Medical Technician have been assigned to the Ministry of Health 112 Emergency Medical and Rescue Stations in 2004.
In the report of the results of research done by the European Commission; European Commission advocate EU members and countries in the EU integration process providing certain standards of EU. The most noticeable issues in these reports are the relevant parts of the health sector. In this sense, the first requirement of the identified group members is to learn this process, doing internship and taking study identified by Commission, onsite.
• To learn the application of the Emergency Medical Services in Europe.
• To contribute the professional development of our participants by increasing their knowledge and experience.
• To take study and do internship in an institution providing training in EU standards.
• To go into business life after graduation as done education and training in EU.
• To learn the living standards of their peers studying abroad and to analyze perspectives of education.
• To share knowledge and experiences with other students which did not have the opportunity to participate in the project?
• To increase intercultural communication.
• To increase language proficiency of participants.
• To observe the living standards in the EU.
• Increase the ability of teamwork.
Participants and Profile:
Participants taking part in our project were 36 vocational school students, 2 accompanying person, 5 business school staff at the application stage. However, 5 vocational school staffs were not included in the project budget, after the adaptation of budget revision by the Turkey National Agency. During the implementation stage, it realized in the following way;
16 vocational school students and 1 accompanying person practiced 30 days in Hungary.
18 vocational school students and 1 accompanying person practiced 30 days in Belgium.
As a result, our project has been completed with 34 students and 2 accompanying person.
Our participants were students of 10, 11 and 12 grade in health maintenance technician section of our school.
Description of Project Activities:
The activities carried out in the project respectively are contract preparation and signature activities, the preparation period after contract, the participant application and selection activities, preparatory activities before activity, realization of activity, evaluation process, dissemination and reporting.
The methodology used in the project:
• For staying abroad; pedagogical, cultural and religious preparations are immediately started after the determination of the participants.
• Professional preparation; vocational training was conducted for bringing participants on the similar vocational level, because students of grade 10, 11, 12 take part of our project.
• Language preparation; Hungarian language courses were given to students who went to Hungary. The Belgian participants of our project took language courses as a part of online language supporting.
• Cultural preparation; One preparatory meeting were organized. In this meeting, participants have been informed on issues related to cultural structure, language, religion and social life of the country to where participants went.
• Risk preventing information; after our project was accepted, risk plan were created for situation likely to be encountered.
Results and Impacts for Participants:
The impacts of project on participants, our organization and the health sector were as follows:
• To increase the requirements of the participants in the employment point after graduation.
• To learn and closely monitor the implementation of Emergency Medical Technician in EU members.
• To improve vocational education and take vocational training in EU countries where the health system are developed.
• To observe the differences between our country and EU members.
• To harmonization work of Emergency Medical Technicians in our country with EU norms and increase the service quality.
• To be modeled on other institutions about EU projects.
• To contribute personal and religion development of participants and provide an opportunity for our participants to recognize other culture and to live abroad.
• To understand the importance of emergency services issues and rise awareness level with announcement of the results of the project and introduction of innovative practices in our region.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation