Abriendo mentes, conectando con Europa
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Our project is set in a CONTEXT of a rural setting with a low rate of foreign population as a small secondary school with 260 students and 37 teachers. Our students come from 3 small populations around; Alfarp, Llombai and Catadau, which are very close. Communication are difficult due to the lack of public transportation to connect the population of the area with major urban centers (a single bus frequency 2 return services to Valencia a day). There are almost no cultural spaces and events or recreational activities in the school area. Our priority is, as the tittle of the project: "Opening minds, connecting to Europe".
This Erasmus + project involves the whole staff of the school XXXX, though, a total of 12 MOBILITIES have been the final result of the analysis as priority needs identified in the SWOT analysis (SWOT = Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
The SWOT showed three main aspects to improve in the school, which are:
+ Improving linguistic skill for teachers in EU languages for multilingual education and better communications abroad.
+ Improvement of new methodologies in the classroom and classroom managament that promote inclusion, integration, motivation, etc. reducing school dropout rate.
+ Deepening the knowledge of ICT and its use in the classroom as a support to other objectives.
In addition to these areas of improvement, it was identified as a strong point to promote in our schotaking advantage of solidarity activities and encouraging mediation and as a reference for other institutions in this field.
From the needs and objectives, a GROUP OF ACTIVITIES for the improvement of the school have been done as FOLOWS:
+ Linguistic Mobility: staff needs to increase skills in EU´s languages and it is interested in learning methods for integrating education in other languages in their respective fields.
2 mobilities of improving EU languages (UK)
2 mobilities of CLIL methodology (Ireland)
+ Methodological Mobility: Participants with prior training in new methodologies.
2 Mobilities of PISA success (Finland)
2 Mobilities new methodologies and classroom management (Greece)
+ Mobility ICT: staff with previous knowledge in ICT and they can train other colleagues.
2 Mobilities use of ICT in the classroom (Belgium)
2 Mobilities ICT tools for dissemination, communication and creativity (UK)
The METHODOLOGY for elaborating this project has been:
+ Identification of needs through a SWOT in our staff
+ Formative meetings with experts in Erasmus + and etwinning.
+ Creating a working group with members of staff to perform the necessary work.
+ New Contacts with the Department of Education (Specialists in European projects).
For decisions we have referred to reach agreement by consensus.
Expected RESULTS and anticipated IMPACTS, explained briefly, are:
We are prompting the inclusion our school within the plurilingual education high-schools program to incorporate teaching of non-linguistic subjects taught in any of the languages of the EU linked to the Erasmus Plus program.
- By improving the level of EU languages, we can further strengthen, expand and improve our relationships with other teachers and European centers by e-twinning tool or similar.
- The students of our school will increase 3-4 hours a week of language, 6 -7 hours, thanks to non-linguistic subjects will be taught in English and / or e-twinning projects with other centers in the EU.
- Application of new methodologies to improve motivation and reduce school failure.
- Supporting Diversity (emotional intelligence, collaborative learning ...) and improving the quality of teaching
- Use of new technologies in the classroom for motivation (reduction of dropout rate) and adaptation to changing times.
- It will boost creativity and European dimension of the center for participation in European projects and their diffusion.
Finally, this project long-term BENEFITS are:
1. Improving language skills in the educational community.
2. Improving the employability of students and equal opportunities.
3. Internationalizing our school.
4. Opening minds and new knowledge via ICT.
5. Building strong partnerships with local, Spanish and European institutions.
6. Improving the quality of teaching-learning processes.
7. Reducing dropout rate.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation