Start date: Jan 2, 2015,
End date: Jun 1, 2015
3.2.1 Action was a youth exchange with the aim to break down self-centered and stereotypes organizing a movies reviews focused on human rights, integration and inclusion among young people and young with disabilities, fighting xenophobia in order to build a more equitable and inclusive Europe. The youth exchange took place in Palermo from 17th to 23rd March 2015, involved 7 different Countries :Italy, Poland, Uckraine, Armenia, Moldova, Romania and Malta.
The participants were encouraged, through cinema and multimedia activities linked, to discuss about relevant topics such as diversity, tollerance, social inclusion and integration. One of the great moment is been the making of a short film in order to evaluate the skills acquired, values and team building. The participants were part of a film crew getting roles and a character, making a screenplay. During the project, participants with and without disabilities, coming from different cultural background and different socio-economical contexts cooperated in a supportive and inclusive atmosphere implementing the following activities:
- Group Buildings activities
- Workshop and play role focused on inspiring values of the project. cinema, improving video editing and ICT skills thanks to the partners contribution.
-Sightseeing of Palermo, visiting awesome monuments and buildings.
-Cultural exchange through inter-cultural evenings.
.Good practice exchange reinforcing partnership relation for the future.
-Planning and broadcasting of an episode of "Senza Barriere", the web radio of the Uniamoci Onlus Association with interview to the participants.
Goals of the project:
- Breaking down of stereotyps due to cultural, physical and social differences among the participants itself, promoting tolerance, solidarity and reciprocal understanding among the youths through the use of cinema as vehicle of communication and free expression.
- Not formal learning about social marginalization and the strategies to overcome it, the human rights and the rights of disabled people
- Enhancement and spreading of an inclusive social culture
- Raising young people's responsibility towards themselves and towards their community through their social commitment in the field of the fight against marginalization
- Creation of strong and sustainable partnerships.
The project brought to realize the short film based on the values acquired through the movies reviews and its dissemination on the web as a spot, the writing and pubblication of a final booklet on the project, the realization of a webradio programme and the sharing of a DVD containig photos, videos and reflections.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation