12 STEPS OF TRANSITION
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2015
’12 steps to Transition’ Traning Course will take place in Kostanjevica na Krki, Slovenia, from 12. to 20. October 2015. It will bring together 24 participants (youth workers, NGO managers and other participants) from 8 countries who will focus on Transition Town models which inspire individuals and groups throughout Europe to become active agents of sustainable development by reducing energy usage and producing locally. We will use examples from different contexts, both rural and urban, to motivate the processes of self-organisation, self-management, mutual action and sustainable enterpreneurship. Participants will get a chance to exchange and share cutting edge techniques and strategies that are being developed and designed to built resilient communities, while minimizing the impact of "peak oil" and climate change. The training course also aims to expand the network of cooperation between self-management alternative projects, resilient neighbourhoods and cities throughout Europe.
Through real-life, best-practice examples we will learn ‘how to do’ the following:
- Engage our communities through awareness raising (talks, films, events ..); build a model for change; set up a steering group; create effective publicity.
- Develop a strategy to networking with other groups in our communities; build successful and creative partnerships; facilitate the great reskilling
- Create Open space structure as self-organising practice of reflection and learning; facilitate Open space event in our communities.
- Evolve structures and build a learning comunity
- Motivate Transition learning on the personal level; discovering our aims and weaknesses; our dreams, visions, passions and learning methods that work best for each individual
Themes such as climate change, sustainable development and Transition towns will also be explored through practical workshops and non formal learning methods. Participants will be stimulated in sharing their experiences, their knowledge and their competences. We will develop visible practical manifestations/ workshops of the project, such as green building (solar oven), herb spiral, open cooking workshop, arts and handicrafts with recycled materials, and natural cosmetics workshop … Through such activities we will build a platform for future collaboration while also learn a great deal about how our communities can be empowered and strenghtened in balance with the surrounding environment.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation