The Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) provides the general quality framework for European and international cooperation activities a higher education institution (HEI) may carry out within the Programme. The award of an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education is a pre-requisite for all HEIs located in a Programme country and willing to participate in any of the three key activities of Erasmus+. For HEIs located in Partner countries, the ECHE is not required, and the quality framework will be established through inter-institutional agreements between HEIs.
A call for proposals for award of ECHE is held on annual basis. The ECHE is awarded for the full remaining duration of the Programme until the end of 2020. This means that HEIs awarded with an ECHE in the calls published in 2013, 2014 and 2015 do not need to apply again.
Organisations wishing to apply for Erasmus Charter for Higher Education are invited to submit applications online by 31 March 2016, 12:00 noon (midday, Brussels time) to the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency in Brussels.
Before starting your application:
1. Read carefully the Call for proposals EACEA/08/2016 Erasmus Charter for Higher Education Selection year 2017.
2. Applicants must have an ECAS (European Commission Authentication Service) account. If you already have an ECAS account, you may use it, otherwise, click here to create an ECAS account. More info on ECAS:
3. Once you have created your ECAS account, return to this page.
You are now ready to start the application process:
1. The applicant and all partner organisations must be registered in the Participant Portal. Organisations that register in the Portal receive a Participant Identification Code (PIC) that will be requested in the application form.
Important notice: Given that each applicant organisation should use only one PIC code, please first check with your legal representative's office whether such a PIC number has already been created for your organisation. In case of multiple PIC codes associated with your organisation, please check which one has been validated. You may do that at the URF/PDM portal. Please use the validated PIC code to create your electronic application form.
2. In case your organisation has still not registered for attribution of a PIC code, you should do so in the Participant Portal. To access the Participant Portal, you will also need your ECAS account credentials. For practical details on how to use the Participant Portal, please consult the following presentation.
Applicants should attach in the Portal:
a. Legal entity form accompanied by the statutes of the applicant organisation
b. Financial identification form duly completed and certified by the bank
3. Create your official electronic application form, also called the eForm (please refer to the eForm section).
Completing your application
1. Please read carefully the eligibility and award criteria in the Guidelines.
2. Do not forget to complete the compulsory annex to the eForm.
3. Once you have completed the eForm and attached the annex, please validate it. This triggers an automatic check that informs you if your application form is complete. If this is the case, you can submit it online.
4. When you have submitted your application online, you should receive a confirmation email and reference number. If not, contact the helpdesk.