1. Reference number of the Call for Proposals: HUSKROUA/1701
2. Date of publication: 15.02.2017
3. Programme and financing source: Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine ENI Cross- border Cooperation Programme approved by EC Decision No. C(2015) 9180 of 17 December 2015.
4. Subject of the Call for Proposals: The present Call for Proposals is open to Priority 6.1, 7.1, 7.2 and Priority 8.1 of the Programme as indicated in table under section 10.
5. Eligible area (in the present Call for Proposals):
(adjoining area with full participation)
Please note that according to the Programme rules the organisations located in adjoining areas with limited participation are able to cooperate within the Programme with the restriction that they have to involve Applicants from Hungary or the Slovak Republic, are restricted to Thematic Objective 6 and 7, and cannot implement Large Infrastructure Projects (LIPs) neither as Lead Applicant nor as Applicant.
6. Eligible Applicants: In order to be eligible for a grant, Applicants must be:
legal persons and
public bodies, bodies governed by public law or non-profit making private bodies and
established for the purposes of public interest or specific purpose of meeting needs of general interest, which may belong to one of the groups indicated in the following non-exhaustive list:
national, regional and local organisations implementing policies in the fields of relevant policies defined as programme priorities;
semi-public institutions like regional development associations and promoters, innovation and development agencies, research institutes and universities;
regional and local associations of enterprises (e.g. chambers of commerce, unions); professional organisations;
regional, local and county self-governments and their organisations acting as legal entities, regional councils;
EGTCs - the applicants must have their seats or a regional/local branch registered in the eligible programme area
non-state actors such as:
local citizen groups and traders’ associations;
cooperatives, trade unions, organisations representing economic and social interests;
local organisations (including networks) involved in the decentralised regional cooperation and integration;
consumer organisations, women’s and youth organisations, teaching, cultural research and scientific organisations;
churches and religious associations and communities;
cross border associations, non-governmental associations and independent foundations and
organisation representing national and\or ethnic minorities;
be nationals of one of the Programme participating countries: Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Ukraine and
have their operation of at least two years counted from the day of submission of the application and
the Lead Applicant shall be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project in cooperation with the other Applicant(s), not acting as an intermediary and
For the detailed description of eligibility of applicants please refer to Chapter 2.1.1 of the Guidelines for Applicants.
7. Eligible partnerships: Partnerships must consist of at least one Partner from one of the Member States participating in the Programme and at least one Partner from Ukraine.
8. Indicative funds available: The overall indicative amount of 22,000,000 EUR is available under this Call for Proposals from Union contribution. The Joint Monitoring Committee reserves the right not to award all available funds. The indicative allocation per Priority is defined in table under section 10.
For the detailed description of the eligible Projects and eligible costs please refer to Chapters
2.1.3 and 2.1.4 of the Guidelines for Applicants.
9. Co-financing rate: EC grants may not finance the entire eligible cost of the Project of a Lead Beneficiary. No grant may exceed 90 % of the total forecasted eligible costs of the Project, nor be below 50%.
The balance must be financed from the Lead Beneficiary's or Beneficiaries' own resources, or from sources other than the European Community budget or the European Development Fund. The co-financing shall amount to at least 10% of the total eligible costs of the Project.
In case of grant Lead Beneficiaries/Beneficiaries registered in participating Member States maximum 5% of the total eligible costs of the Project (50% of the co-financing) will be funded from the national budget. The remaining minimum 5% of the total eligible costs of the Project (50% of the co-financing) has to be covered from the Lead Beneficiary’s/Beneficiary’s own contribution or from sources other than the European Community budget or the European Development Fund.
10. Project size: Any grant awarded under this Call for Proposals the budget share of at least 2,5 million EUR shall be allocated to acquisition of infrastructure with the conditions set by the Programme, and the grant cannot be more than 90% of the total eligible costs of the Project.
Thematic Objective 6: Environmental protection, climate change mitigation and adaptation
Sustainable use of the environment in the cross border area - preservation of natural resources, actions to reduce GHG emission and pollution of rivers
allocation per Priority in EUR : 7,000,000
% of the budget per Priority : 49,93%
Thematic Objective 7:
Improvement of accessibility to the regions, development of sustainable and climate- proof transport and communication networks and systems
Development of transport infrastructure to improve the mobility of persons and goods
allocation per Priority in EUR: 4,000,000
% of the budget per Priority: 37,49%
Development of ICT infrastructure and information sharing
allocation per Priority in EUR: 7,000,000
% of the budget per Priority: 65,61%
Thematic Objective 8:
Common challenges in the field of safety and security
Support to joint activities for the prevention of natural and man-made disasters as well as joint action during emergency situations
allocation per Priority in EUR: 4,000,000
% of the budget per Priority: 41,36%
11. Project duration: The planned duration of a Project implementation may not be lower than 12 months nor exceed 36 months.
12. Language of the project application: Applicants must apply in English.
13. Submission of the applications: Applications must be submitted in one original and as many copies as the number of countries involved in the Partnership but not less than 2 copies in A4 size, each bound, containing Table of Contents and all pages numbered.
The following documents shall be supplied in electronic format (CD-Rom) as well, each one in a separate and unique file in the same format as the relevant forms of the Call for Proposals published on the programme ́s website (e.g. Grant Application Form must not be split into several different files ).
Grant Application Form ( in ‘doc’ or ‘docx’ format)
Annexes to the Grant Application Form (the scanned version of the signed documents)
Budget and Financial plan (in ‘xls’or ‘xlsx’ format)
The documents sent in electronic format must contain exactly the same information as the paper version enclosed.
The Checklist (Section 10 of the Grant Application Form), the Declaration by the Lead Applicant (Annex 1 of the Grant Application Form), the Declaration(s) by the Applicant(s) (Annex 2 of the Grant Application Form), the State Aid declarations (Annex 3-4 of the Grant Application Form) must be stapled separately and enclosed in the envelope.
Where a Lead Applicant sends several different applications, each one has to be sent separately and contain all required documents for each application.
The outer envelope must bear the reference number and the title of the Call for Proposals
(HUSKROUA/1701/LIP/, Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine ENI Cross-border Cooperation Programme), together with the full name and address of the Lead Applicant, and the words "Not to be opened before the opening session".
Applications must be submitted in one package in a sealed envelope by registered mail, private courier service or by hand-delivery (a signed and dated certificate of receipt will be given to the deliverer) at the address below:
HU-SK-RO-UA ENI CBC Programme Joint Technical Secretariat Széchenyi Programme Office Nonprofit Llc. H-1053 Budapest, Szép street 2,
3rd floor, room A302
Applications sent by any other means (e.g. by fax or by e-mail) or delivered to other addresses will be rejected.
Applicants must verify that their application is complete using the Checklist (section 10 of the Grant Application Form). Incomplete applications may be rejected.
For detailed rules on the submission of applications please refer to Chapter 2.2 of the Guidelines for Applicants.
15. Submission deadline: The deadline for the submission of applications is 15 November 2017 as evidenced by the date of dispatch, the postmark or the date of the deposit slip. In the case of hand-deliveries, the deadline for receipt is at 14:00 local time as evidenced by the signed and dated receipt. Any application submitted after the deadline will automatically be rejected.
However, for reasons of administrative efficiency, the Joint Monitoring Committee may reject any application sent before the deadline, but received after the effective date of approval of the administrative and eligibility check (see indicative calendar under section 2.4.2).
16. Selection process: The description of the selection process can be found in Chapter 2.3 of the Guidelines for Applicants.
17. Application package: Application package is comprised of the following documents:
GRANT APPLICATION FORM (INCLUDING DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES, TIME PLAN, PROCUREMENT PLAN, COMMUNICATION PLAN, RISK ANALYSIS & CONTINGENCY PLAN, LOGICAL FRAMEWORK MATRIX, LIST OF PROJECT TEAM AND CVS OF THE KEY PERMANENT STAFF OF LEAD APPLICANT/APPLICANT(S) WHICH WILL BE INVOLVED IN THE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION)
ANNEX 1: DECLARATION BY THE LEAD APPLICANT
ANNEX 2: DECLARATION(S) BY THE APPLICANT(S)
ANNEX 3: STATE AID DECLARATION FOR APPLICANTS IN MEMBER STATES
ANNEX 4: STATE AID DECLARATION FOR APPLICANTS IN UKRAINE
ANNEX 5: LEGAL ENTITY FORM
ANNEX 6: FINANCIAL IDENTIFICATION FORM
BUDGET OF THE PROJECT (EXCEL FORMAT)
FINANCIAL PLAN OF THE PROJECT (EXCEL FORMAT)
THE STATUTES OR ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION OF THE LEAD APPLICANT ORGANISATION IN ORIGINAL LANGUAGE ACCOMPANIED WITH BRIEF ENGLISH SUMMARY
THE STATUTES OR ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION OF EACH APPLICANT ORGANISATION IN ORIGINAL LANGUAGE ACCOMPANIED WITH BRIEF ENGLISH SUMMARY
COPY OF THE LEAD APPLICANT’S AND ALL APPLICANTS’APPROVED AND AUDITED ANNUAL ACCOUNTS FOR THE LAST TWO FINANCIALLY CLOSED YEARS
ORIGINAL SPECIMEN OF SIGNATURE OF THE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE LEAD APPLICANT ORGANIZATION ISSUED BY A NOTARY PUBLIC
ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS IN CASE OF INVESTMENT PROJECTS:
FULL FEASIBILITY STUDY
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT
EVIDENCE OF OWNERSHIP BY THE BENEFICIARIES OR ACCESS TO THE LAND
PROJECT TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
DOCUMENTS FOR INFORMATION:
- GRANT CONTRACT
- PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
- INDICATIVE LIST OF ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS – SLOVAK REPUBLIC
The whole Application package and other relevant documents (e.g. the Joint Operational Programme, Frequently Asked Questions, etc.) are available at www.huskroua-cbc.eu