Współczesne aranżacje terenów zieleni w obrębie ob..
Współczesne aranżacje terenów zieleni w obrębie obiektów historycznych
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The project provides four weeks of the vocational training In Rome as well as the preliminary courses including the language course, the pedagogical training as well as the cross-cultural training. The project is prepared for 10 students attending the Technical School of Landscape Architecture Design. The project will take place in July 2016. The students will be supervised by the teacher from Poland.
Currently there are plenty of obstacles preventing us from creating vocational opportunities for the students of this particular specialization in our local area, especially when it comes to parks and waterfronts surrounding world famous historical sites. Therefore, the vocational training in Rome would definitely meet the beneficiaries’ occupational expectations, ensuring them obtaining valuable vocational qualifications
at the actual source.
The sites will be selected by our co-partner and later those selected parks, community gardens as well as historical sites will be approved by the school board.
The principal objectives of the project:
- becoming familiar with the international policy of conservation and maintenance of historical sites
- studying the landscape development , public realm and urban ecology in various historic periods
- gaining site planning and design process skills required for maintaining public areas within historical sites
- learning solving-problem strategies associated with landscape architecture design while holding various positions and responsibilities
- using modern information sources in order to prepare students to become autonomous in gaining knowledge
- improving language skills (Latin, Italian, English)
After completing the vocational training, students will develop skills in:
- prioritizing and organizing work at public realm
- planting annual summer flowering bulbs for historical sites
- cultivating flower-beds
- describing and creating flower and outdoor plants compositions for selected public areas
- cultivating community gardens
- trimming trees and shrubs, pruning hedges
- managing garden and landscaping tools
- cultivating formal gardens, alleys, pathways
- maintaining pavements with polishing techniques and weeding pathways
- providing stocktaking services
- managing building materials used for maintaining historical gardens
- composing garden flowers and plants, wreaths, shrubs for historical sites along with local styles and trends
- learning methods of adorning community gardens and public spaces surrounding historical sites
- comparing the historical background of landscape design in Italy and Poland
- Recognizing garden styles, themes and landscaping networks according to historical periods
- Designing plants and flowers when taking into consideration the area’s potential and Italian styles of decorating
- Managing modern irrigation systems and maintaining watering tools
- Speaking English fluently and using basic Italian
The vocational training will bring several benefits. The primary benefit is enhancing occupational qualifications, improving students’ mobility and competitiveness on the job market.
Taking part in the project will help students to broaden their horizons and understand the ongoing process of improving their qualifications.
It will open the opportunities to interact with everyday English. It will be crucial to lay the foundations for learning Italian. The work experience students will obtain there will definitely contribute to improving the quality of education in our school by implementing new methods and approaches to effective learning, encouraging teachers to enhancing their teaching qualifications. In this way the effectiveness of education in landscape architecture design will increase.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation