Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
With the project POLYPHONIES we aim to face the problems our students have when they have to approach the use of the oral language. We are dealing with two main challenges:
- Make orality a key factor to complete the linguistic competence of our students and
- Enrich the European dimension of our School taking part in the European Development Plan.
Therefore, in order to fully take part in that Development Plan and "be connected" to Europe, our ultimate aim is to improve our oral skills.
The objectives which we would like to achieve are:
- Improve oral competence, one of the main focus of our School Linguistic Project, from an interdisciplinary level.
- Improve oral competence in our mother tongue
- Strengthen the teachers’ oral competence in the different languages that are taught at school.
- Acquire tools which enable us to improve our teaching and, thus, obtain pedagogical revitalization.
The variety of the activities that have been proposed allow us to walk in the same direction with a common aim in mind. 18 teachers from 11 different departments sign onto this venture: orality. Orality undertaken from all these departments and that is where the name of our project comes from: POLYPHONIES, because, for the first time, we are all intoning the same tune, we are pursuing the same goal: acquire new teaching techniques in orality, transmit this new knowledge to the rest of the teachers at school and finally make it paramount in our daily teaching when we share it with our students.
We will have achieved our goal if our students improve the use of their oral skills, if they use words to transmit knowledge and, above all, if, with it, they develop their critical sense and use it to face the reality that surrounds them.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation