Gnaoua & Compagnies
Start date: Jan 5, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
The aim of the project is to initiate a meeting between 22 young people, aged 18 to 28, on a cultural and artistic set of themes. The french will travel to Essaouira. This is the very first time that the association organizes an european exchange with young Moroccans.
The objectives are:
- to introduce the participants to a musical diversity thanks to various rythms and musics;
- socialization with the group : to favour the exchange, the dialog, between the French group and the young Moroccans
- To discover a new culture (different traditions, religion and customs);
- to develop new abilities (adaptation, openness of mind)
- to restore one's self-esteem
- to favour communication in all its forms
- to handle one's anguishes
Workshops of african expression allow the young to communicate through their body and through music, to find together musical rythms and to create conditions of expression and sharing between these vulnerable people.
The youngsters will give a collective performance on the last evening in the streets of Essaouira, having for audience the passers-by of Essaouira.
The planned exchange will certainly leave marks and give to the young people involved the craving and self-confidence to discover new cultures and to go in search of themselves at the other side of the Mediterranean Sea.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation